White Hat SEO:White Hat if it follows the following rules
1. If it maintains to the search engine's guidelines.
2. If it does not involves any fraud.
3. It ensures that the content a search engine indexes and subsequently ranks is the same content a user will see.
4. It ensures that Web Page content should have been created for only the users and not just for the search engines only.
5. It ensures the highest quality of the web pages
6. It ensures the useful and no duplicate content available on the web pagesAlways follow a White Hat SEO and don't try to fool your site visitors. Be honest and definitely you will get something more.
Black Hat or Spamdexing:Black Hat or Spamdexing if it follows the following rules
1. Try to improve rankings that are disqualified of by the search engines and/or involve fraud.
2. To redirect users to a page that was different from the page the search engine ranked.
3. If you serve one version of a page to search engine spiders/bots and another version to human visitors. This is called Cloaking SEO .
4. To use Hidden or invisible text or with the page background color, using a tiny font size or hiding them within the HTML code such as "no frame" sections.
5. To repeat again keywords in the Meta tags, and using keywords that are unrelated to the site's content. This is called Meta tag stuffing.
6. To calculate placement of keywords within a page to raise the keyword count, variety, and density of the page. This is called Keyword stuffing.
7. To create low-quality web pages that contain very little content but are instead stuffed with very similar key words and phrases. These pages are called Doorway or Gateway Pages
8. To create a rogue copy of a popular web site which shows contents similar to the original to a web crawler, but redirects web surfers to unrelated or malicious web sites. This is called Page hijacking.Always be away to adopt any of the above Black Hat tactic to improve the rank of your site. Search engines are smart enough to identify all of your site and ultimately you are not going to get your desired result.